The small-scale co-generation system is a high energy efficiency
system that produces both heat and energy, utilizing natural gas.
It has been adopted by many developed countries for its stability, environment friendliness,
economic feasibility and reliability. It is truly a next generation energy system.
Busan City gas’ energy efficient co-generation system improves overall system efficiency by 80%, reducing both energy consumption and greenhouse gas emission. In turn, our co-generation system enhances national energy efficiency by replacing the need of centralized power plant with small scale distributed generator.
Average heating tariff for household of 106m2
(Source: Korea Energy Management Corporation)
- Central Heating System: 140% (1.75 million won)
- Individual Heating System: 135% (1.69 million won)
- District Heating System: 127% (1.59 million won)
City Gas Co-Generation: 100% (1.25 million won) → to be reduced up to 40% annually
Advantages of small-scale co-generator
- It enhances the property value where it is installed, making it more attractive to potential home buyers
- It is more safe and convenient than individual heating
- The system can supply electricity in stable manner even in times of natural disaster
- The system provides professional energy management service, reducing overall energy cost for customers
- The system alleviates heating imbalances among households within the system
- National energy resources can be efficiently utilized by substituting large, centralized power plant
- It helps the local and central government comply with international environment regulation such as Kyoto Protocol